Its sole purpose is to make mailto links more obvious because mailto links look just like regular html links. What the script does is it scans all the links on a webpage, looking for the mailto links. When it finds mailto links, it unlink it and add hyperlinked envelope to it.
- Use image of envelope instead of unicode
- Add title of the envelope showing its exact mailto address
- Leave graphic links like email buttons alone
- Only focus on HTML pages (http:// and https://) and local files (file://)
- Mailtos unlinker are now toggeable. Just edit "var unlink = 1" to "var unlink = 0" to turn off the unlinker.
(screenshots were taken while testing on http://www.ianr.unl.edu/internet/mailto.html)
Tested on wide range of various web pages including forums and discussion boards.
To install: Right-click the Mailto Evnelope link and click on "install user script...". Firefox with GreaseMonkey required.
The reason why I worked so much on this supposdly simple script is because it is my philosophy as a programmer to pay attention to every detail of my works, no matter how small.
Please post any bugs or comments you have about this script here or send email to me.